What is the BEST Pocket PC/PDA?

Ok I don't even know the difference between PocketPC and PDA. I am looking for a device smaller than my laptop (that I can put in my purse and take ANYWHERE). This device needs to have lots of memory that I can save my electronic books on. I am taking online courses and printing the material is getting to expensive and I do not like carrying this laptop every where with me. Any ideas of to get or even where to start!?

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 11:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in

• im taking online classes too and a big deal is to have Microsoft word so you can do your assignments. my husband is going to go and buy me a new Window's based phone so I can do all the work I need to without my computer. PDAs and everything seem to have all these different features that I wouldn't even consider using because i'm not a business person or anything. talk to your cell phone provider and see if they have any good Window's based phones. Don't be fooled if they say you can use an Android based phone the same way because you can download Microsoft Word, because in the end the site won't even let you post it.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• A cell phone is not an optioin for me, I do not have a cell phone service and I am not getting one anytime soon. So when looking at PDA's I need to make sure they have Windows? I really just need to be able to read the adobe file reading material. I am not looking to actually do my work on the device, just have the ability to read the chapters while at a doctors office, etc. Thanks for replys!!!
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 1:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• well the reading material can be made to open on Microsoft Word. So if you can't find one with adobe it's good to have any type of device that will be Window's based. I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question much anymore. I don't really know much about PDAs. Have u tried to just highlight the assignments that you would need and just write them down or type out your own syllabus?
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Are you wanting a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) where you keep calendar, contacts, notes, etc. Or are you just wanting an e-reader to read books and PDF files? If you are wanting a e-reader then something like barnes and nobles nook, or sony e-reader would most likely fit your needs. Barnes and Nobles Nook and Sony e-reader are just e-reader for e-books. If you are wanting calendar, contacts, notes, email, internet and PDF reader then perhaps an IPAD or mini netbook or acer would better fit your needs. I have a palm Z22, which is a PDA. Palm no longer makes it. However it is NOT an e-reader, so I can't read books on it. All I can really do is keep a calendar, make notes, keep a task list, keep a contact list, and play a game. Oh it does have clock and alarm. It's NOT an e-reader so I can NOT read books on it. Also it does NOT have email or Internet.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2010