AHHH! I just want to smack the crap out of her !

My soon to be sister in law...is trying to get pregnant with their first child...she says it isnt like it is going to happen right away ( she thinks that it ALWAYS takes a long time to get pregnant)
1. They are not even getting marrried until July 2011 -- she doesnt think she will get pregnant by then, and if she does it wont be far along enough to show.
2. I have seen her babysit - she has literally forgot the child more than once while she went outside to go smoke.
3. She doesnt have a job, because she doesnt like the "routine" of having a job ( like motherhood has no routines)
4. She ( they) lives with my mom & dad
5. My brother just got home from deployment, he will be leaving for Iraq soon.
6. He told her they need to save money if she really plans on having a baby - so she tried to order $3000 worth of baby furniture ( to keep in the nursery that they dont have
* continued w/ the worse one yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 7. She not only said she wants NO family at the hospital with her ( if she has it at a hospital...she might want to have it in the small bathtub at my moms) ....but she thinks she needs absolutlely NO pain relief ( which is fine for some people) but this is a girl who actually cried and called the squad for a bee sting ! ( and no she is not allergic, and you couldnt even see where the bee has actually stung her )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Does it this same thing play out everyday? Girl gets the military guy to get her pregnant, then they have to get married before he deploys so she will be taken care of? I would bet half the mom's on here have done it. I feel sorry for your brother, but he picked her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Wow...how old is she? She doesn't seem very mature at all.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It sounds like she doesn't "have her head screwed on straight"!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• She is 24 (older than me and my brother who just turned 21)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• well, I can see your concern on everything but the birth. But it's really nothing you have any control over, so it's better for YOU that you at least try to let it go- I have a sister like that, and just found out that she is pregnant w/ # 6 (about 8 months along, and has not had ANY prenatal care, and almost DIED with 2 of her other children!), living w/ my parents, and hasn't worked in over 10 years, although her DH is a school teacher, TRYING to provide of all 7 of them... sorry, about to be 8!
    As far as the birth goes, let it go. I didn't want my family around either, but welcomed them afterward. Having people around that you are uncomfortable with (for any reason) only endangers you, as it causes you stress... If she decides to go the natural route, you should SUPPORT that, not make it harder.

I do understand a lot of how you feel about the situation, but the best thing for your personal life, is to try to let it go.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh boy.She sounds like a whacko, a fruit loop, a typical TART.
    Or maybe ..just MAYBE she is mentally challenged.
    Tell your brother he's in lust, not love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Obby - the reason she wants no one at the hospital is because she doesnt want anyone to know what the baby is ( boy or girl) or its name until she brings it home...and she wants a "reveiling party" ....my brother wants atleast my mom, dad, and me there ( in the waiting room) for when his child is born...which we will be lol. ( but I do completely understand what you are saying, and I wont ever say anthing to her about her decisions)

also I do think he is in love -- why else would he put up with that lol..I think lust went out the window when they started leaving thier bathroom door open lol
    Anonymous

• Wow, she sure has a lot planned out for someone who doesn't think she's going to get pregnant right away. I wonder why she wants to start now if she doesn't want to get pregnant now? Just pray she's not successful.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• she said she wants to try now because it will take her a long time to get pregnant

Anonymous