Have you ever felt any regrets about getting pregnant?

My whole pregnancy I have been happy and very exited about having a baby, but I woke up this morning and for some reason I feel terrified! This is my first pregnancy and I feel like I am not ready for this anymore, I kinda feel like I regret ever getting pregnant and when I think of the baby coming I feel so sad, this is such a life changing experience, Im not sure if I can evn pull it off! I know you are probably thinking "why would you get pregnant then" but to let you know it wasnt planned which makes it so much worse! Is it normal to feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its perfectly normal and if the feeling doesnt go away before it definitely will the first time you hold your baby. Just talk to people or write down your feelings, don't hold them in. You will be fine, promise. :)
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It's normal. And it took me a couple weeks to get used to the idea after DS was born. You will be fine, I think the scare comes to everyone. This is my second time around, and my fear started the minute I found out. This time, instead of being afraid I wouldn't be good enough, strong enough, or knowledgeable enough, I'm scared that my DS isn't going to be a baby any more, that I won't be able to love the new baby enough, and that I won't be able to manage 2 babies.

But, we do it. We get through it, and we love our children! Just stick to it, you're overly emotional during pregnancy due to the changes in all the horomones, so this is absolutely normal. You'll come around again... as it gets closer, you'll be more and more anxious, but really, once the baby's here, regret never crosses your mind!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY NORMAL............

Its normal sweetie... you are going through a lot of emotional and hormonal changes. Its normal to feel anxiety, fear, saddness, everything imaginable.

I went through the same thing, but trust me, it will go away before the baby is born. Well it should... if not, it definitely will go away when you first hear/see your baby.

Its a wonderful experience, I wouldnt change it for anything in the world. You will LOVE being a mommy. You will do fine. Its hard work, but its sooooo incredible rewarding. Your heart will absolutely melt when you see your baby smile. I get tears in my eyes every time I see my son smile.

Be happy!!! You are going to be a wonderful mommy, and you will see how fun and rewarding being a mom is. You will love waking up to see your little angel next to you every morning. I promise!!!!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• OP- thank you ladies, its good to know I'm not the only one to feel like this. I feel horrible to feel this way, but as you said it will probably go away when I see my baby! ... hopefully!
    Anonymous

• yeah i felt that way with my first, and then even more so with my 2nd, and he was planned! imo it's normal. :-)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think that's the way it is every time you face a huge life change. It wouldn't be normal not to have some level of fear and anxiety, and even a little grief at the end of life as you know it. It doesn't mean you'll be a bad mom or hate being a mom. It means you're taking it seriously. I've noticed in my life that when I face fear I have to examine whether my fear is from within me or if there is really something I need to run away from. If it's within me and not something that I need to legitimately get away from (like a bad boyfriend, for example), then there's only one thing to do, and that is face it head on. I believe for me, if I don't conquer that fear, it will conquer me.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My little angel wasn't planned either. I know exactly how you are feeling. I was so scared. It's not that I wasn't happy, but my whole life was about to change. I would sit on the porch and just cry. It still takes adjusting after they are born too. The great thing is when you get that sudden feeling like they have been in your life the whole time.

You will be fine, I promise. I don't think you don't get things you can't handle.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010