what is the difference between the juice from a lemon or lemon juice from the bottle?

i try to avoid recipes that call for lemon juice because i dont know which one they are talking about but i eventually have to make this greek chicken recipe which calls for lemon juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Lemon juice is stonger in the bottle-2 tsp.of that is like 5 tsp of real lemon.

Lemons are not-2 tsp. is enough.

I made a lemon chicken when I used the bottle lemon it was too bitter, when I used fresh it was a perfect ding to the dish.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

•  from the bottle has artificial flavorings and just tastes fake to me.. Fresh from the Lemon is the best to me.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You can usually use either one in recipes.
    I also prefer to use fresh lemon though...well for 2 reasons
    1.its FRESH lemon,lol
    2.Its just lemon and nothing else
    Ingrediants in lemon juice are:
    Lemon Juice from concentrate,sodium benzoate,sodium metabisulfate,and sodium sulfite(preservitives),lemon oil
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• When the recipe calls for Lemon Juice - you can use either. Although if I'm using something from a bottle (RARELY) - I use less.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't use the bottled stuff, it tastes too fake to me also. Something just doesn't taste right about it. I always use fresh, but they are normally interchangeable in recipes if you only have the bottled kind.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010