Is 19 lbs a good amount of weight to gain at 24 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's a lot! I gained 12 lbs with my pregnancy. maybe try not eating so much?
    Anonymous

• I've had 3 kids.the first one I gained 20 lbs total.And the baby was 6 lbs.The third one I gained 65 lbs.And he was 10 lbs.I only had 20lbs extra after he was born.so that was 45 lbs of baby and fluids.I think it depends on the individual and how big the baby will end up.As long as your health remains good thru it, I wouldn't worry about how much you gain.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It really varies each pregnancy. As long as your easting healthy, you know you arent overeating a bunch of "junk food" then that weight is fine.
    I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and it has been really different with each one in terms of the weight gain.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• OMG.....how rude of that first post!!! Dont listen to that BS. Anywhere from 15 to 35 pounds is fine to gain during the duration of a pregnancy. The most i gained with any of my pregnancies is 18 pounds, but that is because i stayed active and walked everyday. 19 pounds is not that much weight in the 24th week. As long as you are getting calories from healthy foods and not all junk food you should be fine. BTW...congrats on the pregnancy!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• imo 19 lbs is good. usually it's recommended to gain about 25-35 lbs during pregnancy so you will probably be closer to 35 but i think that's good :D i also don't think anyone should pay TOO much attention to the numbers and just try to eat as healthy as possible, eat when hungry, and try to be active. i gained 35 w/ my first and i think i will end up gaining about 30 w/ my 2nd (i've gained 24 and i'm 31 weeks).
    Anonymous

• I think that's about how much I had gained with my first. I ended up gaining like 50 lbs but 25 of that was within the last week from water retention. I lost all but 5 the week after.

This pregnancy I'm at 16 weeks and have lost 5 lbs.

I think it just differs between each pregnancy.
    Anonymous