Would you tell him..................

Would you tell your other half if you didn't think you loved him anymore?Even if you had kids and were getting along good.Does that "love" come back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• idont love my so we stick it out for the kids
    Anonymous

• i would wait a while and if there's still nothing there anymore, then I would tell him.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'd read some books to see if I could work something out. The book called For Better or For Best by Gary Smalley is a good one for getting back what's been lost in a relationship. He may have other books but this is the one I read and thought it was great. It teaches you how to empower yourself and make changes.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• With counseling and help... yes I believe you can find the love again. Counseling will help you find how you lost it, and give great ideas on how to bring the spark back. I say it's worth a shot. You don't want to leave the relationship with hard feelings. Give it a try, if it fails you can then with confidence say I tried... the spark just isn't there. : )

Instead of saying hey I don't think I love you any more... say I'm not IN love anymore, OR that you're feeling the spark going out... what can we do as a couple to bring that spark back? Giving him a chance to work with you to bring the spark back.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Love is only there if you feed it. It sounds like you need to try to do things that remind you of why you love him. Cause if you don't try to work on you...and you leave and fnd someone new to love, and it fades again. How many guys are you going to not love anymore? It's still there...you just have to find it again. Don't say that you don't love him anymore...tell him that you feel odd or depressed about something and you don't know why or what it is. Trust me, if ya'll are getting along and everything...there has to be an underlining problem. Search yourself before making suck a devistating step.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Try to get the spark back, have some fun together. If that is the only reason. Do you things you guys never did, and do things you use to do, go to the amusement park, take photos together at your local park, beach or something like that. Don't throw away a marraige because of the spark, put on a wig, make everything fun....

You only live once, you should both enjoy it...

I think you can fall in love with someone again.

Some religions your father picks your husband and you have to learn to love them, from what I hear eventually you do.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would try to make the relationship better, there are peeks and valley's in all relationships, if you get along and have kids together its definitely worth a shot. I'm not sure I'd tell him you don't love him, that will just create an instant mess. Are you married?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• honesty and communication are very important to a marraige, however you need to be very careful with your words, they stick like glue! For me I believe that love is an action and not a feeling. Its something you choose to do, and then the feelings will follow. I have been in this situation. myhusband said he was 'falling out of love with me" and wanted a seperation. Eventually we worked through it it by communication, spending time together and for me, showing acts of love. I know he loves me, but it was hard for me to have him say that because i wanted to love me unconditionally.

So, I would tell him you aremaybe feeling distant and something needs to change. Figure out what you need from him and try and reach out yourself to hm as well. read the book "the love dare", and the 5 languages of love. Even the book love and respect is wonderful. These were all life changing for my marriage
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• That 'in love' feeling waxes and wanes. You have to feed it to keep it alive. I would try to reconnect with him and have fun with him and work on rebuilding our relationship.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm going through the same thing, I told him I didn't love him anymore - and he acts completely oblivious to it. I love him as a father to my child, and a good friend, but as far as being in love or wanting a physical relationship, it's not there. I say just tell him, maybe the feeling is mutual or maybe you two will want to work it out with a counselor (which always sounded like an awful idea to me, but hey, it might work out for you). If the love is gone, I honestly, in my own relationship, don't see that spark coming back.. at that point it'd seem we're both desperately trying for something that isn't there.. resulting in a fake love marriage, only trying to make it work for the kids.. not healthy.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010