Any suggestions on work at home jobs?

I just moved back to NY. I am not in the city, I'm in the mountains of Dutchess County. I worked in the insurance industry (health & commercial) for over 15 years and after having my first child I decided to stay home with my daughter because she had a lot of health issues and couldn't work everyday as expected. I tried to work from home but everything I tried didn't work. Now I'm a single mom trying to make it without the help of her dad. Any suggestions?

Millie1116

Asked by Millie1116 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• i do text handling and transcription on top of being a rep for beachbody.. i love my days and would recommend these jobs to anyone!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Well you want to do something that you will like so you will actualy do it(so easy when you're at home to keep putting things off, lol). I have a home business and I don't have to do and selling or cold calling. We have a great compensation plans that pays us Daily and monthly with the option to earn weekly bonus checks.
    If you're interested you can view some information and request an interview with me to go over everything :-)
    Good Luck Girle and ask lots of questions!!

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 12:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i teach/tutor from thre home
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• There are lots of options for making money at home. Just be careful of what you're getting into before you jump head first. Never send money to a "placement" company or any of that nonsense. I have a list of good jobs listed at Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I do PrePaid Legal ... I tripled my investment within my first two weeks and quit my part time job within a month. This is a 38 yr old company with a A+ rating with the better business bureau and trades on the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) .. recently named one of the best home business opportunities by Forbes magazine. Also, they offer DAILY direct deposit, so you don’t have to wait for your money!

www.maryjacobs.buildlastingsuccess.com

Here is a link brief video that explains PrePaid Legal
    http://www.pplonlinetools.com/video.php?uid=mueioo0uu4qo08qk

I love this business and I love that it gives me the tools to help others !

If you want more info just message me.

Good luck with whatever you choose just be careful because there are a LOT of scams out there. I know this from personal experience.

Myself and several other people I know have been very successful with this company!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Good Job Mary!

Also you can find REAL JOBS by applying for them from this website,click here.

Dont worry its a free list,

But get your resume ready cause the list of @ Home jobs is HUGE!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is what I do to make money. I'm happy to help with any questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2010