How does neone deal with this?

I have been off and on with my daughter's father for the past 4 years and last week he wanted to get back with me that there wouldn't be anymore girls, there wouldn't be neone but me and i said that i wanted to build a friendship relationship with him to know that he can prove to me that there wasn't going to be anymore girls... 3 days later he's hanging out with another girl telling me he moved on bc i told him i didn't want to be with him... i never said that.. so i'm lost and i don't know what to do about anything..... any advice?

Tiamarie54

Asked by Tiamarie54 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him go. I did the back and forth, on and off for almost 8 years. You're wasting your time and it will never ever change. Just let go.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I know it's hard but it is time to move on. It seems he doesn't respect you or treat you right and you are just waiting around for him to change. He is not going to, he doesn't have to because you let him keep getting away with the same things. Be strong for you and your daughter and find a man who will love and respect you.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• He sounds like a man who can't be alone and always wants to make sure he has someone as a back up. He doesn't sound like long term relationship material without cheating. Sorry.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh dear!! Walk away NOW!! Really!! You don't need that crap and you are better off with out the BS!! Besides, think about it this way... would you want your daughter to be with a man like him? I know he is her dad and all, but if you keep taking his crap, then you are showing your daughter that it is OK (or expected) that men will treat women badly! Get out before your daughter follows your same foot steps!! ** From a single mom of 3, that no longer tolerates bad-behavior, for my kids sake!! **

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Move on. Don't let him waste anymore of your time or energy. Make the most of your life. Be a mom your daughter can be proud of. When you really let him go and really move on, then you can start looking for someone who will put you first. GL!
    Anonymous

• I agree with all of the PP's.
    He has proven over the past 4 years that he's either not capable or just not willing to change.
    You will only be hurt more in the long run if you let it continue.

Think about your daughter. Would you want her to put up with a man who didn't respect her or value her? You need to lead by example. If you want her to be a strong, independent woman who refuses to settle for a man who doesn't treat her right then you need to be that kind of woman too.

It's tough and it's probably going to be hard for a while but it will get easier and you will be happier for it.

If he's so hung up on these other girls then let him be THEIR problem.
    You deserve better, so demand better and don't take anything less.

I was in a similar situation and am now going though a divorce because after a million promises, nothing changed.
    I would rather be alone than with someone who doesn't love me wholly.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I know some disagrree, but Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• leave him alone! he's not ready to commit. if he can't wait and prove himself first that means he was never going to do it. consider yourself lucky and find a man that will love you and your daughter 100%
    Anonymous

• You're an idiot. That's why he comes back.
    Anonymous

• As long as you continue to let him come back and forth in your life, he'll continue doing it. People treat you like you let them...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010