when did you find out it was twins??

Twins run in my family. My mom has always said I would have twins in my lifetime. and this is my 2cd pregnancy, and it is SO different. and way worse. Made me start thinking, maybe twins. But my 8 wk sonogram the nurse didnt say anything about a possible 2. Is it possible that an early sonogram wouldnt be able to show 2 yet? Or do i need to just believe what I was told and that this pregnancy is just different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We saw two sacs at 5 weeks, and two fetal poles with beating hearts at 7 weeks. It's possible if the nurse wasn't expecting to see two she wouldn't have looked for another after she found one, or there might just be one. Either way, congrats 7 GL!
    Anonymous

• i found out at 6 months!
    for the pregnancy following the twins, we waited 11 or 12 weeks for the ultrasound, because we did not want to miss one if there were two.
    if it makes you feel any better...i am on my 4th pregnancy and each one has been very different!
    congratulations!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010