IBS question!

I was recently diagnosed with IBS/spastic colon after having ct scans and ultrasounds for abdominal pain. My doc just told me to stay hydrated and there wasn't much I could do about the bad days of IBS. Is that true? Is there anything I can do for the days I can't stop going? This is all new to me so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Health

• i'm on a prescription for it (donnatal) it helps
    Anonymous

• my dh'd dooctor wanted him to take a prescription for it but he decided against it and takes digestive advantage, got it at walgreens over the counter.....he also said activia yogurt helps
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I am on a prescription for it too.
    Anonymous

• you can go to a healthfood store and get a good probiotic. it needs to be refrigerated and it needs to be in a brown or amber bottle. look into a gluten free diet, or an elimination diet. look into a dairy free diet. google natural cures for ibs...be wary of things being sold...just be looking for dietary information. every one has a magic pill for everything...trouble is, if it works for what is troubling you, you don't know what else it is doing to your body. the same goes for natural cures and remedies as well.
    i really wish you the best of health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Read "Breaking the Vicious Cycle". It concerns GI heatlh. There are recipes that may be advantageous for you.
    Anonymous