What kind of things do you let your kids do that....

most people wouldn't? For example, we have a small, cushy leather couch and we let our toddler jump on it. What do you let yours do?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 1:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• jump on the couch. stay up late on the weekends. express his anger through words (that comes out as yelling sometimes but we need to Learn to do it to be healthy people imo) eat junk food (he is like dh - skinny and tall so i dont want anyone to think i starve him!) the list goes on and on because some people forget their kids are only kids once --- that means you only get one chance to teach them well but also only one chance to have fun and play with them. lots of people seem to be missing that fact.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have a habbit of treating my Toddler to more junky type snacks during the day. He still eats his well rounded meals but I do spoil him often with sweets.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 1:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• my toddler runs around the house like a madman, but as long as nothing is broken (of mine) and nothing is broken (on him) we are ok with him bouncing from room to room, and like the above, my kids also jump on the couch or my bed, but we jump with them lmao!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Lets see, well, we are pretty firm with him...but.... i've let him have ice cream for breakfast before... only the once because he was sick with a sore throat... otherwise I can't think of much -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I let them watch TV.. it's usually Nick Jr and Playhouse Disney, but the TV is on most of the day.
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i let him drink tea and chocolate milk basically all day he drinks apple juice but usually the milk or tea. He only drinks water when he is going to bed. And this one isn't something he does this is me, i don't scrub his face 24/7 which really pisses my mother in law off, but i have more things to worry about then a speck of dirt on his cheek. Of course he gets daily baths and i wash his face of when he is done eating but i don't constantly run after him with a rag or baby wipe.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I let my DD tear up toilet paper. To be fair, she loves to tear up any paper, but specifically she loves to tear up toilet paper. Lol..
    Anonymous

• Our 5 year old has been allowed to drink coffee since she was 1. (well not allowed but her Grandpa started sneaking it to her and she developed a taste for it so now at 5 daddy lets her share his too) Our 3 year old hates the stuff!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I am one of those people who runs after my kid with baby wipes...lol, my son does it himself now! he is 1 1/2 and is great about always wiping his hands and face:)

I let him get in bed with us sometimes, which I know i shouldn't but some nights I just want to snuggle!!!! I also let him have a sip of my coffee once in a GREAT while, usually a frap which doesnt have as much coffee as my espresso shots ( he CAN"T have those!!!)
    tomsMom2008

Answer by tomsMom2008 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• On the weekends I let my ten year old pick his own bed time on the weekends or when he is off school. For my three year old she like to move my ottoman away from the couch and see if she can jump the distance. As long as she doesn't get hurt (we have really soft carpets) I figure couches are disposable.
    LuvNMyBbs

Answer by LuvNMyBbs at 2:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010