Does anyone know of a good boot camp?

Ok, my sister (16, almost 17) and my friend's sister (15) are in need of some sort of boot camp. We live in central Alabama. My sister thinks she can do what she wants, when she wants. There's been more than once that she leaves to go to her guy friend's house without even telling anyone. And my friend's sister sneaks out, used to do pot, etc...(they've both done more than that though) both of them need some good sense kicked into them before they do something really stupid. Neither of them seem to realize that what they do have consequences...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You dont want to send them to one in the same state your in.They could run away and get home.Out of state would be better.They dont know anyone But here

http://www.teen-juvenile-bootcamps.com/teenbootcampsinalabama.htm

http://www.teenboardingschools.com/bootcamps.htm

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Unless you are your sister's legal guardian, you have no control over the situation no matter how you feel? And the best friend....again NOT the parent.
    Boot Camp isn't always the answer.
    Anonymous

• http://www.troubledteensguide.com/Teens/Alabama/Boot-Camp-For-Struggling-Teens/index.html

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ok anon. let's just say that my dad and her mom were already thinking about it, k?
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Boot camp won't do it. It makes them come back worse than they left (been there done that)
    Anonymous

• I don't think boot camp will solve the problem at all. Getting to the reason why your sister does what she does is the beginning to helping her.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think those boot camps cause more problems than they solve. I've personally known two different females who were sent off to them and brought back new grief...one was raped repeatedly by one of the instructors (and then started acting out sexually when she returned...her orig problem was drugs) and another managed to have sex with dozens of guys, including trading sex for privileges. In my area we have a boot camp that has had numerous deaths due to one thing or another and yet it still continues to operate without being shut down.

Girls act out when they are lacking positive adult interaction and when their self worth has been compromised. THAT is what needs to be addressed and sending them to a place where they are screamed at and demeaned won't exactly help.
    Anonymous