What's the big deal with public nudity?

I mean... it's just a naked body. Who cares? Why is seeing someone naked the end of the world? I don't understand how this is a crime lol. Being naked in and of itself is not inherently sexual. I'm naked a lot when I'm not being sexual (showering, changing clothes, etc). In fact, I'm naked a whole lot more NOT being sexual than I am when I AM being sexual (because I shower and change clothes every day, but don't have sex every day lol).

So... why does it bother so many people to see other people naked? I can't come up with a good reason why it should be CRIMINALIZED to be nude in public.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In Europe nudity isn't a "bad thing". Their beaches are nude and they do not censor nudity and they function just fine! I agree, we all look the same underneathe and making it a dirty thing is what warps it. Even Freud said that supression is linked to psychological problems. My sister used to give me crap about dressing in front of my son. I told her what I would tell anyone: 1. I'm his mom and nothing creepy is going on. The kids has never watched me or observed me! Nudity is no big deal and it's respected! He knows to keep his privates private! 2. Hiding and supressing it is what will make him curious and will make him hide and go seek it.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 2:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh believe me.... you would be bothered if I showed up naked! LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• lol @ BlooBird (me too) i don't want my kids seeing anyone naked and there are so many nast perverts out there it's just creepy
    Anonymous

• Lol, Bloobird, I've pretty much seen the gambit of nudity, truly, no matter what you look like, it doesn't bother me.

Anon, why is your kids seeing someone naked a problem, though? And if public nudity were the norm, then nasty perverts would have to find something OTHER than nudity to fetishize. Also, I have a theory that if we weren't so sexually repressive our number of perverts would go way down lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i just don't think you should go around showing your goods off to ppl i'm just saying i dont want my kids exposed to it you have your opinion i have mine and i'm not saying yours is bad i jsut don't have the same point of view as you do
    Anonymous

• Anon, that's totally fine, I just don't understand the WHY of howcome it's not okay for kids to see naked people. What is the reason behind that? There has to be a reason, other than "I don't want them to see it." KWIM? No offense at all, I'm just curious what the reasoning behind that is.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• laughingIt's a conspiracy by the clothing industry. It would put them all out of business!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't want to see any stranger naked, and I don't want any stranger to see me naked. My body is for mine and my husband's eyes only! I'm just a private person, and in my opinion other people should keep their "goods" to themself! I don't allow my kids to run around naked infront of people (other than my husband or myself when they are "airing out") and I don't want them to see other people naked. I don't really have any other reason besides " I just don't want to!" and that reason is good enough for me!!!! And personally, I don't know why anyone would want their kids to look at a stranger naked, or for a stranger to see kids naked! In my mind thats sick and you should probably seek help for that!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 1:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• rolling on floorI think having my grandchildren see my naked fat jiggle and my balding cooter might scar them not to mention I'd have to worry about them tripping over my breasts dragging through the sand.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• for one thing, not everybody looks good naked, been to a beach lately. And personally I dont think my 11 year old daughter needs to see a MANs penis. I just don't see the nessesity of it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2010