why do i keep getting raped in my dreams?

:-(

I wish there was like a dream syrum thing where if you take it, you dont dream at all. last night/this morning, i woke up about 5 or 6 times, adn each time i went back to sleep, i'd go right abck to the same dream?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Mybe you feel defensless about something. Does it turn you on to dream about being raped?
    Anonymous

• Dreaming about being raped is a nightmare that inflicts fear and anxiety upon recall. Since rape is a brutal and deeply personal violation, it suggests that the dreamer may be feeling robbed of options and negated as a human being.

Whatever form it took in your dream, this act is a warning to avoid loose companions or careless behavior that could seriously damage your reputation by giving a false impression to those whose opinions are important to your welfare.

This can mean you are overcome by events, by other people dominating you, or by your own internal unwanted emotions. Rape in the dream can also show fear of sex, either thorough past rape, or from guilt about or fear of sex.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 1:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Do you have a history of sexual abuse? Was someone you love raped? Are you feeling trapped, having trouble in your relationship with your SO or feeling victimized in any other way?

All of those things could be the reason you're having dreams of rape. I know those dreams suck... I have them sometimes too, when I'm feeling clausterphobic with my life. It's just something you kind of have to ride out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It could be your subconscious trying to warn you about someone if it's the same person doing it in each dream. It could be that the person makes you feel uncomfortable, violated or controlled, in some way etc...
    I'd make some changes in my life to try to feel more sense of control.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have that dream sometimes too, but I was a victim 11 years ago. However, it's definitely not the experience I had or near it at all when I dream. Not sure what it means though. Maybe you feel someone may get the best of you somehow in reality.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010