Do you use a Smartphone to help teach your Toddler?

If you want more information you can check out my journal post on the subject.

MrsManners

Asked by MrsManners at 1:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a ton of games and educational stuff on my iphone. My boys always wanted to play games on there, so the educational ones are better for them. I use it when we're waiting for a table, or at the drs office, etc. They don't normally play alone, we try to play the game together so we have some kind of dialogue with it.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have a program on mine that does letters, numbers and shapes and colors. It's pretty cool.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My 3 yr old son loves playing with my husband's iphone. It comes in handy when we have unexpected waits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have a few apps for colors, shapes, numbers and letters... also a memory game and her pretty princess game. She does really well and gets so excited when she gets the chearing!!! She goes " mommy! I did it!!!' lol She's actually able to identify her letters out of order (she doesn't like when I sing the alphabet song) and she knows their sounds. She also knows her numbers but 9 and 6 are confusing! I told her the 9 is an upside down 6, so she says "it's upside down" when they ask... it comes in handy I think!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have downloaded a few apps for my 3 year old. They are mostly pre-school games that deal with shapes, colors, and food. He really enjoys it plus its educational.
    CBMama06

Answer by CBMama06 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2010