I lost my wedding and engagement rings. Does anyone know if your home insurance will cover it under personal possessions?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• It should

Answer by admckenzie at 2:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Our does up to a certain amount. I think it's $10,000 after that you have to have extra insurance for anything more valuable.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I thought you have to have them listed separately. I know I had about 4 rings appraised by a jeweler and then I called my insurance and added them to my plan. I would call your insurance to find out ASAP!! GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think it does but only for a certain amount. I have an individual insurance policy attached to our homeowners for my engagement ring. I had to have it appraised and everything.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• We have a rider on our homeowners insurance for high value items.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh no, I am so sorry. That would just make me sick! We had to have a separate policy for my ring. But it would not hurt to ask.  I hope for your sake it does.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• We have up to a certain dollar value that our homeowners will cover and after that you have to have a rider policy for the jewelry.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think they have to be listed separate, I know State Farm does. We have a separate policy for my wedding rings.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Only if you had a jewelry rider as part of your homeowner's policy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 4, 2010