Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lost my wedding and engagement rings. Does anyone know if your home insurance will cover it under personal possessions?

Answer Question

Asked by staceynoel at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 12 (852 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • It should

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • Our does up to a certain amount. I think it's $10,000 after that you have to have extra insurance for anything more valuable.

    Answer by BlooBird at 2:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • I thought you have to have them listed separately. I know I had about 4 rings appraised by a jeweler and then I called my insurance and added them to my plan. I would call your insurance to find out ASAP!! GOOD LUCK!!!

    Answer by rocamom at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • I think it does but only for a certain amount. I have an individual insurance policy attached to our homeowners for my engagement ring. I had to have it appraised and everything.

    Answer by kc932 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • We have a rider on our homeowners insurance for high value items.

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • Oh no, I am so sorry. That would just make me sick! We had to have a separate policy for my ring. But it would not hurt to ask.  I hope for your sake it does.


    Answer by AmyMK at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • We have up to a certain dollar value that our homeowners will cover and after that you have to have a rider policy for the jewelry.

    Answer by slw123 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • I think they have to be listed separate, I know State Farm does. We have a separate policy for my wedding rings.

    Answer by voni681 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

  • Only if you had a jewelry rider as part of your homeowner's policy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.