What happens at the 3rd Prenatal Visit

Will it just be like the second? Will I simply pee in a cup and be weighed? Or will I have another pap smear and breast exam? I wish I was told what to expect during the next seven months concerning these visits. After a certain period, we meet biweekly instead of monthly right?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pee in a cup, weight, ask how you're feeling. no more exams til later.............then they will check ur cervix...........but that's closer to the due date
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Just pee, weigh and blood pressure. That's pretty much all you will have until the end when you start going every 2 weeks. Get the book "What to Expect When Your Expecting". It will let you know what to expect!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If I were you I think I would take a notebook full of any questions you might have for the doctor to your next appointment. Buy a new one if you have to. Only use this notebook for pregnancy related issues. Make sure your first question is "What to expect on each visit. They may hav a general gude as to what that specific docter does on various visits. Good luck and remember that there are no "stupid" questions. Also never be afraid to ask if there is something going on with your "new" body that you do not understand.
    gurka1967

Answer by gurka1967 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It's always pee in a cup, weight, blood pressure. Sometimes they'll check you, sometimes they'll do an u/s. I agree w/ a PP... take a notebook w/ you and jot down a couple questions to ask. Don't worry... you'll be so bored w/ going to the dr until you start getting those "every 2 wk" appts. That's when the fun starts happening b/c you're getting closer to the end! GL
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010