Are hot tubs or hot baths bad?

I have herd maultiple things when it comes to going in a hot tub or taking a hot bath when pg. I just want to know weather its ok or not. I have herd both.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hot tubs are definitely a no-no while pregnant, warm baths are ok as long as the water doesn't raise your body temperature. if it does it would do the same thing to baby as you having a fever would do.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• They are a NO NO! Warm baths ok but not a HOT bath or a HOT TUB.
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 2:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yeah, Hot tubs=too hot. I LOVE taking hot baths, so when I was pregnant, I stopped for awhile, then I missed it, so I started measuring my body temperature while bathing to get an idea of what was too hot. Basically, you don't want to raise you body temp above about 99 for any prolonged period of time.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I was told my by midwife with my first and my Dr with my second you can go into a hot tub for no longer then 10 mins and could only put my feet and legs in. I am one that likes hot baths so I have had to learn to either take short ones or have it cooler.
    Anonymous