Ugh I hate the cat....

My husband brought home a cat without talking to me about it. She was super cute and I thought ok we will see how she will work out. I wasn't sure because we already have a dog in a small appartment. Our appt. is open so there is no way to restrict the animals to one part of the place. It is hard to keep the mess down. We don't have a backyard for them to go in either. So the cat is no longer working out. She climbs on everything. She has broken several of my delicate things. She chews though our bread and she climbs on our clean dishes and counters where we cook. We can't keep her off of it. We have tried. She has killed several of my fish too. we cage her at night but we don't do that during the day bc it would be cruel. I don't know what to do anymore but I feel crazy chasing the cat around all afternoon. Our dog pees everywhere now to mark his space from her. What should we do?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pets

• op: I think she needs more room and we can't give her that.
    Anonymous

• Find a new home for her.
    Anonymous

• They do calm down after a while. What will you do with her? Send her to the pound? That is mean. Try to find a loving home or keep her. That's just my opinion.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• OP: We have had her for almost a year. She was calm and now she is into everything.
    Anonymous

• BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If all else fails and you decide you just can't keep her anymore...post her up on craigslist.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Freecycle? Craigslist?
    Anonymous

• dont feel bad if you need to rehome her. just like human, not every relationship works out and if she is not for you then definitely find her another home. meanwhile try putting away things you know she will get into like the bread. they have breadboxes and tupperware has a pice that a whole loaf of bread fits in.get a lid for the fish tank and make the fish inaccessible. to discourage one particularly nasty cat i had from getting on my counters i put wet washrags and towels covering the counters for a while. he finally got the ideam but it took a while. just try to think like her and you all ready know what her problems are so try to think ahead of her and be creative. as for the dog marking his territory, is he nuetered? if not he need to be and that can curb that habit, make him live longer and healthier. is the cat fixed? if not sometimes they do calm down a bit when they are and are healed up.
    devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 1:32 AM on May. 13, 2010