Does anyone else have this problem with their SO?

Is it normal for your husband or SO to act like they don't want to be near you until they want sex from you?
My husband will act so distant from me 95 % of the time, until he wants something from me. Then he becomes all nice and wanting to rub my feet ect... But when he doesn't want it from me, its like he can't stand me. I will go into the room and he will look at me like " what do you want, I'm busy" All I wanted is to ask him about dinner, and all he was doing was watching T.V. I wasn't going in there to bother him. He does this all the time. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• kinda......not as bad as yours, but talk to him and if this is the way he wants to be...cut him off. then maybe he will think about his behavior towards you, and if he wants it bad enough...he will earn it...he will get the hint sooner than later..lol
    brandoneaglemom

Answer by brandoneaglemom at 2:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Thankfully no. Sorry to say but you SO sounds obnoxious. He is either bipolar or just a selfish jerk, either way I wouldn't stand for it.
    Anonymous

• Thanks *brandon*... I will try that. The problem that I run into is, by the time he is "nice" to me, I am so starved of affection that I would take anything from him. So I have a hard time saying no to him. I wish there was a way I can get around that.
    Anonymous

• my husband can act like that from time to time, i think its male pms lol, i would talk to him about and iwould wait until hes being all nice and lovey dovey and then say hun ya know ive noticed...... i would becareful how you word it so it doesn cause him to go on the defense ya know? like maybe, ive noticed we dont really spend alot of time together outside of the bedroom, then maybe throw some suggestions out there, like a movie night where it doesnt nec have to be talking but can be snuggling on the couch or whatever, ya know, but make it clear that you want to work on your relationship outside of the bedroom, and if it seems that there is no relationship outside if the bedroom and he isnt willing to work on it then id hit the road
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• No...and if he did ~ when he began acting nice, I would treat him like he treated me...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Mine is not like that.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sorry you have to deal with that. No, my husband is not like that at all. He is not the romantic type and he is not very affectionate either, but he absolutely does not ignore me or act like your husband does. Mine gives me kisses, gives me hugs, he never pushes me away, but he also does not come up to me for a kiss and hug. As for being in separate rooms that is not us at all. We are practically joined at the hip. We enjoy each other's company, even if all we are doing is watching tv we are next to each other. If I feel like I want to lay my head on his lap I do, or if I just want to cuddle up under his arm, I do. What we have works for us. If I were in your situation I would straight out ask him what is up, what is going on, and why does he treat you like that. Let him know how you feel as he just might be completely unaware. If he is doing it on purpose, I wouldn't be giving him anything.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010