rolling over

My daughter (5 months) has been rolling over in her sleep even with one of those sleep positioners. She starts to cry every time she does it because she can't roll back over, and if she doesn't wake up, when i go in to check on her, she's friggin' face down on the mattress sleeping and it gives me a heart attack.

any suggestions?

Mommy2MissStar

Asked by Mommy2MissStar at 2:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she can roll over, she won't let herself suffocate. Soon she'll be able to roll back. I would take out the positioner, it sounds like she's done with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I cosleep with my babies until they are old enough to roll back onto their backs on their own because of this very reason. My 4 month old got stuck on her face last night, but she was right next to me so I knew and rolled her back. We were both back to sleep in 2 min.

Toss the positioner. It may cause her to get stuck where she can't breathe.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• yep, time to lose the positioner. and if she's old enough to roll it's not that big of a deal. they have sleep sacks that allow you to velcro your baby on her back, but please don't use it! she will learn to roll herself back soon enough. in the meantime if you find her face buried you can turn her head or roll her back yourself.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010