How can i get more info on multiple personalities?

My SO has multiple personalities. I don't know much about it and i want to know if it will affect our child together. if anyone has any info or a link that i could check out that would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Health

• Google it
    Anonymous

• Umm... that's freaky!
    Anonymous

• Why would you have children with a person who had mental issues?

Answer by louise2 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Now you are thinking about if it will affect you kids?
    Anonymous

• www.dissociativeidentitydisorder.net
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm so sorry. There's a LARGE chance that your children will also suffer from a personality disorder if your husband does. I hope he is taking his meds and has it under control. I have a friend whose husband was recently diagnosed with Schizophrenia and now 1 of their children is showing some signs/symptoms.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• After I found out i was pregnant he told be he has MPD. I want to thank the few of you who didn't critisize me for looking for information. We were only together for a few months when I got pregnant. So topic of mental health was not yet on the table I was just looking for information so I am know what to look for and if there is anything i can do to help. And yes He does take his meds. So Thanks again you few who did give me some info.
    Anonymous

• Like someone already put, google it. But use the term "dissociative identity disorder". That's the proper name of the disorder, and if I remember right, there are some genetic factors to it.
    Anonymous

• It's a little late to be thinking about this now isn't it?
    Anonymous

• So if someone has physical illness or disability ... they are undeserving of love and family? It might be beneficial for you to see family counseling to educate and guide you in coping with his illness. It will be full of ups and downs. If he is getting the proper treatments it will be fine.
    Anonymous