Money savers....

My husband and I are working hard right now to get out of debt. To add to that, we are also facing higher prices at the pump and the grocery store. Because of that we've been doing things to try to shave down our budget. I thought it might be nice, since many of us are feeling the effects of a recession, to share some money saving ideas with each other. Please comment and give me any ideas that have worked for your family.

queen_tut

Asked by queen_tut at 10:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Money & Work

• I shop at Aldi's all the time now. I make all my snacks and many other foods from scratch. My younger daughter likes to bake so it's something fun to do also! I am careful to organize my car trips so I don't waste gas. We bought a pool (Walmart $300) and fixed up the backyard/deck and skipped vacation this year. I also planted tomato plants and herbs in containers. It's like paying once for them and having them all summer!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I clip coupons, drive way less, do odd jobs for extra money

I have ideas on my blog. http://makingthensaving.blogspot.com
    calicostatue

Answer by calicostatue at 1:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Most of the same things that manna1qd said. I go to yard sales for bargains and entertainment. I buy groceries on my way home from work so I don't have to make extra trips and get as much as possible at Target and then the rest at a grocery store. Aldi's when I can get there. Wholesale clubs. Coupons. Borrow books, Netflix, stay home. Drive in movies for inexpensive summer entertainment - bring our own food too.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2008