Lord, Save Us From Your Followers

Anyone else seen it? Got to watch it last night and was pleasantly surprised. It was nice to see all those super church pastors and Christian self help authors agreeing that the biggest obstacle to people taking Christians seriously is the behavior of Christians. Probably also the only place to ever see Rick Warren and Michael Reagan agree with Al Franken about anything.

There's a trailer at the website but it doesn't really explain much about the movie at all:
http://lordsaveusthemovie.com/movie-synopsis.html

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think when your labeled "christian" your set up to a higher standard...your not supposed to do anything bad. In reality, we are all humans struggling with our own vices and challenges....and when people see that side of a "Christian" person....they judge too harshly. We aren't perfect people, we are just TRYING to be better people.
    Anonymous

• Really there is no higher standard for people who lable themselves pagan or wiccan. We actually expect less of them.
    Anonymous

Um ok? And that has what to do with the movie and the hostile behavior of outspoken Christians giving everyone else a bad name?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• AHH get out of my head NotPanicking LOL. I was thinking the same thing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I am a Christian and i have been my whole life. I haven't belonged to a church for a year because of the behavior of some Christians. I would love to see the movie you are talking about. I am starting to look for a new church but the gossip and cattiness is what has kept me out of church for now.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would love to see the movie you are talking about.

It's on Netflix instant view if you have it, otherwise they have a tv schedule on the site, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My sister is a Christian who doesn't go to church for that very reason ria7. She says her church is just a place for ole busy bodies to gossip and put people down. We have a very eclectic family ranging from Atheist to Catholic, including Jewish as well and then there is my family who are Pagan. She has been given grief from churches saying that she is not praying hard enough for all of our lost souls. So she communes with God in her own way every day, without the trouble of dealing with arrogant asshats from her church. Gosh I love my sister so much for being so strong and so loving.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I've not seen it, but I've heard of it. Many pastors have always felt like this as well as many Christians them selves. Shoot that's the biggest reason I at one time turned away from my belief in god.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The problem is people are looking at Christians to justify their belief or unbelief in God... Christians do not save you.. only God does.. yes there are some that are poor examples yet its is those poor examples that cause people to choose to believe or not belief... its the wrong place to look. Look for Christ in them.... if He is really there and let me tell you WITCHES KNOW when someone has the light.. Ive heard the stories, they can tell the difference big time.
    I left church for a while for the reason of hypocritical christians but God grabbed my attention when He said.. what are you looking at them for? Look at ME and I will show you the WAY to walk. So ever since I did that I fell inlove more and more with Jesus and in so doing He started showing me what HE sees in peoples hearts... the beauty and who they really are in Him. Not everyone has those kind of eyes to see and I sure wish people did! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• What the hell kind of a comment is that shaneagle.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010