I'm just not attracted to my husband anymore...

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What do you do to get the spark back. I don't even want to kiss him anymore. :( HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• How long have you been married?
    Anonymous

• 16 years with two children: 9 and 4.
    Anonymous

• date each other again.
    sometimes when you're married for a long time (or even just dating for a long time) you can lose sight of the love you have for each other. go out on a date. laugh again. make each other feel good. bring back that spark and those memories you two have together. it can take a bit of effort, but it will be worth it.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'd tell him so he can try to spark more from his end.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My guess is that you had some expectations about what life with him would be like, and it has turned out a bit differently than you had imagined. That leads to disappointment; disappointment can lead to anger, and anger leads to a kind of shut down, which is extremely dangerous. The highs and lows of marriage come and go like the tide. The emotions of passion and the fervor of youth tend to diminish for periods of time. What one should do when she doesn't feel loving is to think loving thoughts and do loving acts. If you will do that on a regular basis, even though it may be a bit difficult in the beginning, you will find the feelings begin to return. In fact, I have found that to be how love grows and matures and becomes even better than it was in the beginning. Sadly, when the signals for time to grow arrive, too many think it's over and take off. Stick with it. It keeps getting better and better with each cycle!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Is he treating you nice with respect? If he is maybe that is why you aren't attracted to him anymore. I am not attracted my my husband anymore either we been together 10 years. He is going bald, getting out of shape but if he wasn't such an asshole to me I wouldn't even worry about if I was attracted to him anymore. He expects me to be "perfect" when he is FAR from it. I look better now than before kids so I don't know what his problem is. Maybe he knows he is ugly now. Don't tell him you are not attracted to him anymore I have never told my DH this even though it is true but he has said hurtful things to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2010