Question: How do I make a bean dip less Zesty?

Question for you all if any one knows what I should do. I made this bean dip and used zesty italian dressing and I think it is to zesty how can I make it a little less zesty? I also think I used to much cilantro. I am thinking of just cuting it in half and double every thing else up to make 2 batches of dip.

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would have to see all the ingrediants you use, or is it just the cilantro, dressing and beans? I have never heard of using italian dressing before that sounds interesting.

I make two different bean dips for my family one is just beans with cheese and sour cream, the younger kids prefer that. and the other we layer with cheese, avacado, sometimes salsa depending on my mood and use taco seasoning mixed with sour cream to top it off.

I would think that cutting the zesty italian by at least half would reduce the problem greatly.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Add more beans or some baked and mashed sweet potato

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It is a cold bean salad I used Shoe peg corn, black eyed peas, tomato's, cilantro, avocado, green onions and the zesty Italian dressing.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would use less dressing. Zesty Italian is usually pretty strong. Maybe it's just too overpowering.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:34 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• All bottled Italian dressings are heavy on the vinegar (Makes them a real money maker). Mix your own dressing cutting back on the vinegar and use cider vinegar rather than the white.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 5:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2010