i wanna pull my hair out!

i love my baby don't get me wron, but he is driving me INSANE!!! he's been up since 4am and refuses to take a nap, i know he is teething so i gave him tylenol but NOTHING! still whining blehhhhhh what to do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son has cried non stop since birth and he is 6 months now, so believe me i know the feeling of wanting you pull your hair out. just sit him down somewhere safe and go where you cant hear him for a few minutes, then go back and try again. he will be okay to cry for a little. good luck.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 4:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• you should comfort him. he can sense your frustration in turn making him more whiny. cuddle him, if you breastfeed let him comfort nurse. sing to him, let him know you know hes in pain and you're there.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 3:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sit the baby on your lap at the computer and go to youtube. Play music videos and your baby should end up falling asleep. It's the only thing that works for my grandson. James Blunt did the trick when he was really little. When he starts seeming ready to nod off I play Goodbye My Lover. There is a video with him playing the piano and girl playing a cello that is really good.

He is 18 mo now and loves music and knows a lot of songs. We just went to an Owl City concert and he loved it! He was a big hit. He likes Colbie Caillat, Jack Johnson, Train, Santana, Rob Thomas, Coldplay, Nickleback, Katy Perry, lots of soft rock.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Put him down in his crib or pack'n'play where you know he will be safe and walk out of hearing range for a couple minutes. Step outside if you have to. Take a few deeps breaths. Realize he's just hurting and wants some comfort. Get a teething ring or freeze a wet washcloth. Go back in and pick him up and do all the usual comforting things: rocking, feeding, changing, swaddling, music, etc. If you get him to sleep, just snuggle with him and you can doze off yourself. Good luck, mama! Teething can be tough!
    Oh yeah, also, stand in front of the freezer with him. Sometimes that little rush of colder air can distrat them enough to stop crying. You just have to stand there with it open for a couple of seconds.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2010