Does this sound like a good plan for a 2 year old?

I was looking around for plans for my 2 year old and came across something that looked descent. My SO's job doesn't provide medical and the medical at my job sucks. It's like $2000 deductible for what this plan below costs. Does it sound okay to you?

BCBS
$109 per month
$20 for office copays
$100 co pay for emergency room visits then pays 80%
Covers 80%
$500 deductible
Covers prescriptions
Eye examination $20 copay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like a pretty good plan to me. It is similar to what I have as a state employee.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• BCBS is a great insurance company or at least in my experience they were, We had them for 10 years and then the state dropped them this year went to a new company for employees. You might also check out providence health plan not sure if its available near you but that is what we are on now and I love that many of our medications are free to us and I have noticed my out of pocket is a bit lower than it was on BCBS.

The plan above looks good but I would also want to see what other things they cover, durable medical goods, surgeries, etc etc but that is just me, its hard not to when you have gone to school for medical billing lol it makes you look at all the fine print to make sure any common problems passed down in your family would be covered just in case your child develops them. I have a son on the spectrum and BCBS was amazing abut coverage for him :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ((OP)) The reason why these plans look so good is because BCBS is trying to make their costs affordable to help lower the uninsured rate. I did my research on that. My 2 year old has no preexisting conditions so it looks good for him.
    Anonymous

• try healthykids, org, i pay 20 a month, and everything is covered. its medicaid for kids.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010