Secret papers reveal Senate 'talks' between Obama and Blagojevich?

Didn't Obama say he didn't talk to Blago?
WASHINGTON -- Sections of court papers filed by scandal-scarred former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich that were mistakenly made public show a deeper involvement by President Obama in picking his Senate successor and call into question the president's public statements on the case.

According to passages in the papers filed Thursday by Blagojevich's lawyers -- which were blacked out under a judge's order but made visible by a computer glitch -- Obama, then president-elect, spoke directly to the disgraced governor on Dec. 1, 2008.

But just one week later -- on the day Blagojevich was indicted -- Obama told reporters flatly, "I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so we were not -- I was not aware of what was happening."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/blago_files_finger_bam_3PDtC82wlUgo4UyGqAnQMJ

Is Obama a Liar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you have any doubt?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• They are all liars, my dear. Whatever suits them, they do and then lie about it.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Our blessed savior, Obama lied to us, unbelievable.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The only thing that surprises me about this is the fact that there are still documents that prove it. LOL, I would have figured they were shredded a long time ago.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• "Is Obama a Liar?"

Is snow white? Is water wet? Is the sky blue?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

This. Someone must be very unhappy with him for that documentation to have survived.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes
    Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• BTW, if anyone is bored, the Chi Trib has posted a full copy of the unredacted version of the court papers here: http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/docs/obama-subpoena.html#document/p3/a6

Click on the redacted parts to see the full text beneath them.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Wow. That was some compelling reading. I have to wonder if it will go anywhere (somehow I am doubting it).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

We'll get right on that after Bush Cheney, Rove and co go on trial for treason and war crimes

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010