Old habits are hard to break

I posted a journal this am and got views but no responses. I need help. I am new to a church that is in complete disarray. My husband and I have been a help to the pastor since we got there but the people are just out of order. Yesterday we had a church dinner, we were trying to serve guest and all the while we had people coming in there serving themselves and taking plates and plates of food home. In the end the pastor's wife did not even get a decent meal...Please help and tell me how your church kitchen is run.

my2kids312

Asked by my2kids312 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have never seen that happen! That's really a shame!!
    I can say that at my church when there's a supper/ food service event, 'the directions" are spelled out in the flyer for the event. Such as "the Deacons will be serving at your table" or "we will call each table up to the serving line in order", or whatever. I wonder if the church is in an underserved community and people are just that hungry? Sometimes if you have been hungry for a while, you take what you can get, because you don't know when you will have the opportunity to eat again. Is that a possibility?
    If not, maybe the preacher needs to do a sermon on manners and sharing.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• We eventually had to put locks on the doors and only staff was allowed in. It is a shame when people take advantage.
    Anonymous