so when you first met your SO did you talk hours on end?

i ended up talkin to this guy last night from 9 pm to 3 am about everything...politics food life...and sex briefly( nothin specific in that area) i know him for 7 months..normally we make are convos for only 2 or 3 hrs but decided last night to see how long we could last...and if it werent for both of us being so tired and having to get up early we would of stay up later and talked. it was on messenger by the way....he lives in another town

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, we did in the beginning because we were getting to know all about each other - plus we were deeply infatuated with each other in all the newness. We've been together over 3 years now (married 6 months). No - we don't have those marathon conversations anymore. But we do talk sometimes intently about ideas or thoughts once in a awhile. We also are very comfortable around each other in silence when we have a lot on our mind about work or whatever - or just plain too tired to talk. We still enjoy each other's company and I feel like he is my best friend.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• no, conversation was the last thing on his mind
    Anonymous

• Yep. We were on the phone late at night pretty often.
    Anonymous

• No. He's not much of a talker

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• nope... we worked together... Then we started sleeping together... it wasn't for a few months down the road that we decided to start talking! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• op here

so do you still have good conversations now like you did back then?

Anonymous

• Yep! Hubs and I met thru a friend, (she gave him my #) so when he 1st called me we talked for quite a while and set up a day to meet. The day we met he picked me up at noon and I did not get home till 10pm (I had to be somewhere or we would have been out all night). We spent the day talking. Then in the early days we went out a few times a week and talked on the phone daily.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• There were times we had long conversations but really just walking down the beach holding hands quietly was really nice and peaceful, it just felt right and I dont think we ever needed words in those moments. We had been friends for 2 years so we already knew quite a bit about each other. As things got more serious we did have deeper talks about the future what we both wanted in life and every other subject you can think of. After 15 years he is still my best friend and we can still have long talks or just really quiet moments where we dont need words we just want to sit together and enjoy the fact that we are both there.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• so do you still have good conversations now like you did back then?

*****************************

Eh, sometimes. We have been together for almost 21 years now, so we pretty much know all there is to know about each other-- lol. Some days we don't get a chance to talk (different work schedules) and other days we do.  

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ROFLOL @ sabrina I love it, you are so damn honest all the time :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010