Should I press for induction??

I am 37 weeks. I am having such severe swelling in my feet, ankles, and legs that I have stretch marks on them. It has gotten to a point where I can't wear my fiance's shoes (3 full sizes bigger than my feet). I have tried everything from laying down for hours and hours with my feet elevated, to walking and keeping everything circulating. Nothing has helped and it just seems to be getting worse. I had an appointment last wednesday and my doctor sent me for labs because there was protein in my urine and I was swollen. well I have yet to get any results from the lab. I see my doctor tomorrow and was considering asking about induction. I am not worried about the stretch marks, but when I stand up or walk it feels like thousands of bees are stinging my legs and feet because the skin has stretched as far as it possibly can. Is induction an issue that I should try to press with my doctor?

addysmommytobe

Asked by addysmommytobe at 4:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Call your doctor ASAP.....there is no reason you should be swelling that much!
    Anonymous

• Feet swelling 3 sizes doesn't sound that unusual. The changes our body makes when we are pregnant can seem really scarry. With my first I went over 42 weeks. I would stand naked in front of the mirror and cry and think my body could never recover. I could only wear bigger flip flops I bought. In just a few weeks I was back to 100 pounds.

Your blood pressure and protein in your urine are important. If you have more labs follow up on them. You can ask the doctor to tell the lab they can give you the results. Then you can contact the lab and find out either when it is done or the actual results.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Induction is much more unplesant than what you are experiencing now, but I would call the doctor!

Answer by older at 5:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would be calling non stop about those lab results but yes I would ask to be induced. I asked to be induced at 39 weeks just because but ended up being inuduced at 38 weeks 2days cause I had high blood pressure and was already contracting every 4 minutes. Dont hesitate to ask, they will do whats in the best intrest of you and your baby. GL and I hope everything is ok on your labs.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2010