readiness for potty training?

My 15 month old keeps taking her diapers off, and today she peed and pooped on the floor after her diaper was off. Is she ready for potty training?

kaileymom25

Asked by kaileymom25 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes that's a great sign! My oldest started doing that at 18 months and he was potty trained before his second birthday. My youngest took his diaper off and climbed on the potty and peed at 16 months. He was almost completely potty trained by 18 months (he was in undies during the day and a pull up at night) by 20 months he was in undies all the time... accident free. Most people say to wait until they are 2 to begin. I personally think that's ridiculous. I think children are more than capable of being potty trained BEFORE their 2nd birthday as long as their parents are dedicated and consistent. Good luck!

laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Okay so I am potty training and I have read alot about it. At this point kids don't have good controll of there urine. As far as the poop that is a little different and you could start on that now. However, what I am thinking is that she just wants to be naked. It feels good to be naked to most kids and most of them run around but naked for at least a few minutes a day and if they gotta go then yeah it may end up on the floor. So as far as the potty traing goes I would see if she will do it but more as a lets see than its time to do this, kids always potty train when they are ready and willing you cannot force them (not that you would just some people on here scare me) but it is great fun to bring in a potty and just let her explore it and see how to use it! Good Luck!
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My DD at 15 mos was telling me that she needed to pee pee. She peed in the potty a few times before we started dedicated training. She is now 20 mos and we are almost potty trained. Do what you think is necessary. You can even potty train an infant so why not at 15 mos. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010