1yr old bday party~ isn't it just for the adults?

My husband and I are questioning whether we will throw our little mama a bday party. She turns 1 year old next month and we just dont know what to do. The reason is because there have been too many times when we have gone to a baby bday party and the child is either asleep or screaming at the top of his/her lungs. I figured we could take her to Gymboree play and sing and then we could go to dinner.. just a little something-something... What are your thoughts?

BrandaP

Asked by BrandaP at 5:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree, just make sure you take lots of pictures to remember the day by.

Answer by older at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Agreed! The baby doesn't care or understand it, it's just for the adults. Just give her some chocolate cake and take some pictures!
    Anonymous

• I would throw a birthday bash but then again I have never been to a kids party where the child was upset. That said my son is an only child and the only child at his 1st birthday was him (1st child born in our family in 20+ yrs) it was neat to see how the adults were around him so excited to watch him open his gifts and the cake that was adorable! I don't think I would spend a lot of money on decor or anything like that. And here is a BIG happy birthday to your princess!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ok, I am still at a loss ya'll! lol. I want the memory but I know she wont remember. hmmmmm? @ Sarahedger... Kennadi says THANKS a bunch! :-) lol
    BrandaP

Answer by BrandaP at 5:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• We did for our first baby and she got over stimulated even though (it was just family) and had a melt down. We chose not to have one for our second child. He just had a party for his 2nd birthday this past Sat and he had a blast, but a 1 year old party is just about the grown ups.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• a family bbq

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It may be for the adults, but it is about the adults celebrating the baby's birthday. My daughter's first birthday consisted of me, my ex, my ex MIL and her boyfriend and ex BIL. My daughter still loves looking at the pictures of her butt neked getting cake all over her, reaching for the dollar bill in ex-MILs boyfriend's hand, etc.
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 5:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I had a big family BBQ. I wanted everyone there to celebrate. Actually my DD was up the whole time having a blast. :)

Anonymous