At what age do you stop using the baby moniter?

My son is 8 months old.

ConnorMonster

Asked by ConnorMonster at 5:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why use a baby monitor? Never had one.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I never had one... but at 6 mos I quit checking on her as much and by a year I would wait until I heard her to get her. I think it's personal preference and when you feel comfortable!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have a big house so I wouldn't be able to hear him if I didnt have one or turned it off.
    ConnorMonster

Answer by ConnorMonster at 5:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My son is 20 months old (almost 21 months) and he still wakes up a lot at night so I still use it a lot. I'd probably wake up and get him without it, but I'd rather have it and know for sure.

I think if your child is good at sleeping through the night then there's probably not a big need for it. Like I said, my son wakes up at least once a night so I still need it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• 4 1/2 years old our room is down stairs and theirs is upstairs I still keep it on if they are sick !!!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 5:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i quit using mine when ds would unplug it :) he was about 18 months i think. i could not hear them if i was downstairs or outside while they were napping. it was nice while we used it though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My DD is 3.5 and we still use one in her room. You need to use the baby monitor until they are in a toddler bed. You never want to leave a baby crying stuck in a crib. Until they can get up and come get you, you need to use a monitor. My DD won't come get us. She'll just stand in her room and cry sometimes, so we leave the monitor in there. 8 months is way too young to be thinking about take the monitor out. What if your baby was crying all night long?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think I'm going to start using one at 13. LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you can't hear him w/o it then you need to keep using it until he can get up and come to you if he needs help.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010