I found a wild baby bunny, what to do?

I found them last week when the people came to mow. Now the nest is destroyed and his brothers and sisters are gone. Should I take him and feed him? Should I take him to the lake park? Should I take him to the woods? I dont want to leave him here to die. He has not moved since last week, he is not eating, and not drinking. I feel so bad for him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pets

• He will die. No other bunnies will touch him if you do............they will smell the human scent. I'd take him to the vet
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Take him to the vet for a humane euthanasia or call a local Nature reserve to find out if you have a nearby wild life rehabilitation center.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would put an add on Craigs list I use to raise rabbits they produce milk for there young maybe you can find breeder that could try to get him to feed. I would also take him inside. He is just going to die out there. Try to give him water. You can use a eye droper or a straw put your finger on one end as you push it into the water so that it holds the water and put it to his mouth. Rabbits eat alpha pelets you can get this at any pet store. Then if you want to feed him put the pelets in the water let them get soupy after soaking an hour or two. Then try to feed that to him via the straw. You can do this yourself if no one will take him to nurse. I have done it before. He is not leaving because he is waiting for his mother and she is not gonna come back after this time. Also the 1st post is wrong animals do not react to human scent that way it is proven. Good Luck
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• leave him!

call the animal control people. they are trained to take care and rescue baby animals.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• hello again please let us know what happens to him! Thanks
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 11:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Leave the bunny be. Nature is all about survival of the fittest and natural selection. Humans shouldn't interfere with wild animals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I didn't know a lawn mower meant natural selection...
    have you tried a bottle..
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• pisces chick89 wtf are you talking about?
    Anonymous