Does this sound like a good plan for a 2 yr old?

I was looking around for plans for my 2 year old and came across something that looked descent. My SO's job doesn't provide medical and the medical at my job sucks. It's like $2000 deductible for what this plan below costs. Does it sound okay to you?

BCBS
$109 per month
$20 for office copays
$100 co pay for emergency room visits then pays 80%
Covers 80%
$500 deductible
Covers prescriptions
Eye examination $20 copay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Health

• Have you looked into any state-run plans where you live? They are usually income based and you can't beat the cost or the coverage! My kids are on a plan like that and we pay a lot less than you're describing here, and no we aren't on welfare or anything like that either.
    Anonymous

• Wow!! And people wonder why I don't believe in health insurance! That's crazy!

My youngest is 2... He hasn't been to the Dr. since his yearly checkup... there has been no need. I can't imagine paying $109 a month just in case! Why not start an HSA and put the money there... Why give them any money at all?? Especially when they aren't going to pay everything... Doctor visits are usually only about $75... Why give them $109 and then the doctor another $20? Doesn't make any sense to me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think if you dont have a program that can provide insurance, this would be a good plan.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I've seen alot worse.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 8:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ive seen much worse, and i work in the healthcare field... have you tried looking into medic-aid? or medi-cal? depending on the state you live.. Sometimes you can just have your child covered under it. Or, if there are any Kaiser Hospitals in your area, they offer a program for health insurance just on the child for cheap. I would look into it, they have awesome doctors.
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2010