I am being charged 45 dollars for not going to an appt when they said it was a different day?

What do I do? I cant afford to pay them, Im already on welfare medical.... I cant afford to pay for their screw up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Interesting isn't it?

In February, I scheduled 2 medical appts(a month in advance). I travelled a long distance (3 hour drive) to attend these appts (recently relocated, but liked the Mds), any how on the day of the appts BOTH offices called me on my cell to cancel. 1 about an hour before the scheduled time. WTH? IMHO, I should not have been charged for the my next appt. No such luck....

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Tell them to charge your insurance co. That's what I do even if it's me that screws up the day

Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I had that happen. I called the day before my appointment to confirm the time and they said I had the day and time correct. I went to the appointment and went to the desk to check in and they told me that I had missed my appointment, that it had been the day before at a time that was before I had called. If I had really missed the appointment, they would have told me that on the phone when I called to confirm. They said they would have to charge me for it, but I told them they couldn't and I told them I wasn't leaving until they gave me an appointment right then and there. I had to wait about 1/2 hour to see the dr and was not charged for the day before. I hope you get your situation straightened out.
    Anonymous

• GEEZ, there is A LOT MORE of this kind of screw up going on. My mom has an appt card with a date and time last week. She went to the appt and was told the doc isn't even in the country! They told her that the appt is tomorrow. So, she's going back tomorrow. What are they going to say then???? I wonder if it's scam? Trying to make more $$ out of people????
    Anonymous

• Can they charge my insurance company?
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:36: I wonder the same thing, if at least some of the time it's a scam. Pretty bad when you can't trust your Dr.
    Anonymous

• try to talk to the office manager. be sure to tell them that you called to verify, and you are sure you did not make a mistake. if that doesn't help tell them that you will have to contact the insurance commissioner.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• tell them u never made an appt for that day and that your not going to pay for something you never scheduled. thanks for the heads up. ill be sure to get it in writing next time i make an appt
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 10:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2010