Do you believe that you have to accept Jesus as your savor to be allowed into Heaven?

My Mom is a Christian ~ She believes that you have to accept Jesus as your savor to be allowed into Heaven. I wonder why it is so important for Christians not to judge because isnt that what they are doing by making that statement?

I am very confused by religion because every group/religion thinks that they are right...Well if you choose one you are saying someone else is wrong. But nobody really knows so how can say??

I am I wrong for not choosing? Because it feels wrong to choose...Im so confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christians didnt make that statement....GOD made it in the Bible.

Try not to think of God in relation to the CHURCH BODY. Think of it in terms of the Bible and reading it for yourself.

I believe the Bible is Gods word...so anything in it is truth...lots of it is up for debate b/c people interpret it differently.

But one thing that is NOT UP for debate is that Jesus is Gods son and is our salvation. To enter into heaven you must accept his free gift and be "saved"

Church's just mess things up b./c they are filled with sinful humans. LOL God is the one you should listen too ;)
    Anonymous

• My salvation is based on that Judgment (as you call it) so I'm willing to judge in that instance. It is a judgment that affects ME and no one else. What others choose is their decision not mine.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• And Jesus answered and said, Unless a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven.

No matter what a person may say....when we stand before God someday, only HIS WORD will matter.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• There is a difference between religion and a relationship with God..
    I believe that unless you accept Christ you will not gain entrance to heaven.. But do not take our word for it.. Pray and ask God yourself..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 5:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• No you aren't wrong. The way I see it accepting Christ is not down by your words, or you belief it is done by your heart. So you don't believe in God do you truly believe some one so omnipotent can be so petty. So you don't believe in Jesus, do you believe some one so perfect can be so childish. Do you act the way he said to, do you restrain from judgement, do you stand up for those who can't for them selves, Do you love you neighbour as you love yourself? Truthfully I believe following his way whether you believe or not is all that matters. So in other words just be humane, kind, just, and compassionate. Have common sense and use it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh wow, here we go opening a huge box of worms. Don't you think if you are a good person, do the best that you can and try to make the world a better place for others that you will get into heaven. Each religion has different believes but basically comes down to the same thing. Be a good person, do the best that you can, don't judge others ( I love that part especially because so many "christians" judge others), and you will get into heaven. What do people think, there is a different heaven hotel for each religion? Do they think lutherans go to one specific heaven, catholics another, etc??? We can fight about this all day long. Do your best. Its going to be ok!
    Anonymous

• The Bible is God's word that has been interpreted by human beings. Human beings tend to write things as they understand them. Who knows exactly how things were intended. You can find just about anything in the Bible to back up a statement if you look hard enough.
    Anonymous

• just be humane, kind, just, and compassionate. Have common sense and use it.

Its not enough to just be "good" b/c heaven is a perfect place, God cannot allow anything less than perfection in the gates. Or it would just be the world all over again.

And EVERY human, no matter HOW GOOD you are is a sinner, even the most perfect person ever still sins and can not be allowed into heaven.

so how do you get in? JESUS. He came to take our sins and cover them from Gods sight...we are clean and white b/c Jesus paid our debts and we can then enter into heaven.

But you have to accept this free gift! Does being saved make you perfect...not even a little bit...lol. Still a sinner,,,,,but you are always and forever covered by Jesus. ;)
    Anonymous

• Let me put it this way and I am just being honest. Humor me for a moment ...... Let's just say there are two doors, one leads to death and one leads to life. It is a Truth. And let's say that a supernatural being came along and told you which door leads to death and which door leads to life. It is YOUR choice, it is up to you. Jesus came and made us aware of these two doors and told us how to go through that door of life. It is our choice.
    Anonymous

• Jesus also said if you want to go to heaven, you have to sell all of your possessions. the bible was written by man NOT GOD!!!!!! my advise to you would be to read the bible cover to cover, and see for yourself just how contradicting and disgusting it is. there are too many religions in this world to say that just one is correct, and everyone else is damned to hell. what kind of loving god would damn a person from a rain forest tribe because they didn't accept Jesus as their savior? it's bullshit! there is no way that such a person could have ever been exposed to the bible! i believe in God, and i have my own personal relationship with Him. and IMO He is certainly not the god of the holy bible, who was created by men, for men. this god says that if a man rapes a girl, he has to marry her, so her father will not be dishonored! you don't have to be confined by the rules of religion to go to heaven. just be a good person.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2010