HAIR REPAIR

ok, so my hair has always been thin, and so has my sister's hair, BUT she stills seems to have more than me. Its noticeable to people that im loosing it. Im only 23, and its frustrating. my hair is thin and falls out like ALOT. idk what to do, it makes me sad. Does anybody know of a great hair growth/thickner or something thats workd??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• no such thing. hair is dead. see your doc to rule out a medical reason for hair loss
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You really should see a doctor to see if there is some reason other than genetics for the thin/loss of hair. Once you find out you're ok; hair color can make your hair fuller and thicker feeling, it increases the diameter of the individual hairs. Also, invest in good products. I use Aveda - not only are they natural and environmentally friendly, it is amazing what it does for your hair. I have never found a product sold in a retail store that even compares. They have a wonderful line for thin hair called "Pure Abundance." I used it when I had a round of alopecia (I lost hair due to stress), and it worked extremely well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Forgot to mention that there are vitamins specifically formulated to cause hair growth. I've never used them, but I know people that do (and swear by them.)

I'm really sorry you're going through this.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• they make a womans rogain now, but I would definetly go see a DR
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sounds like it could be a thyroid problem. That's exactly what happened to me.
    Anonymous

• that happened to my friend who wont eat red meat. her iron was too low and causing her hair to fall out. you should start with an electrolite screening to be sure it isnt caused by that. i also have thin hair but it shouldnt fall out! thin just means the actual strands of hair are thin rather than thicker. if you have no medical cause. then dont brush it more than needed, never brush when it is wet! dont pull your hair back too tight that will pull it out, so will tight hats. i swear by pantine's great lengths conditioner. i would be pulling out my hair after i shower because i have to brush and dry it and it makes it so my hair has no tangles. best of luck to you!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010