Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help find a lawyer for child support Im a single mother of 3 kids and just need help please

we both have temp custody of our daughter but she lives with him he nevER ever follows are court papers and i dont get to see here on my visit if he dont wont me to see her crazy right so i need help i just moved to a new town and wanting my baby with me for the summer its suppose to be my time anyway and of course he said no cause i moved but what does that have to do with it

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • I'm not sure if they are everywhere but check Prairie State Legal Services............otherwise, you can find legal aid thru the state that will help

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • If there is an order, and he is not complying, you have a divine right to go down to your juvenile court and file a injunction for failing to follow court orders. He is in violation, and a sheriff will go to his house with the order, and have the kid sent over to you. Before I got full custody of my nieces, my brother did the exact same thing, so this is why I'm aware of what to do. Trust me, he wil also lose visitation if this continues. Know your rights, and stop allowing this everytime it is your turn to have your child. Who is he to keep her from you? Go down to the juvenile clerk court, explain to them that he is not obeying the court order for shared custody, take the papers down with you, and watch how fast they work for you.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

  • You can throw your money away on a lawyer, but it is noted on court records that you guys share custody, and he cannot break the law.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
Mothers day letter

Next question overall (Just for Fun)