Would it bother you?

If your child was saying something about the god you believe in (regardless of religion) and my child replied with, "we don't believe in god".
Would you get offended? Would you not allow your child to see my child anymore?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't care, I already told my dd that not everyone believes in God. She knows that we do and that's all that matters in my house.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 6:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't have a child old enough for this but I would encourage my son to be a model Christian and a good friend to this child. I would never teach him to push his beliefs on others but I would want him to show others what great rewards being a Christ follower provides.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• it would not matter to me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i totally agree with acurran88

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• No, everyone has their own opinions, EVEN kids.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• NO, I would not do that! That's just sick, to make children shun each other over something they're too young to even understand fully. I was raised to treat everyone equally, regardless of their religion, skin color, sexual preference, etc. I plan on raising my son the same way. I don't believe in god, but if someday my son brings a friend home for dinner who wants to say grace before we eat, I'm not going to kick him out of my house! How intolerant can people get?
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't have a child old enough for this but I would encourage my son to be a model Christian and a good friend to this child. I would never teach him to push his beliefs on others but I would want him to show others what great rewards being a Christ follower provides."

Are you saying you would want them to remain friends so that you could hopefully "recruit" my child into christianity? I am just asking to clarify, I do not mean this as an attack.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Not really, no. I have talked to my 6 year old (my oldest) and he knows that there are people who don't believe in God and that there are Christians who don't believe everything we do, so he knows there are differences out there. If anything it would open up the opportunity for further discussion about it is all.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• hmm..never thought of that. my child does believe and i really do not have any beliefs. I don't try to pull him away from believing but i don't encourage him to believe more. He's never really came out an asked me. I'm really happy because he is pretty young and i don't think he would totally understand why i choose not to think the same as he does. If he does ask me though or if something came up such as another child telling him they didnt believe i would probably tell him the same as some others. That not everyone does believe and that some believe in different Gods.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• he has asked me questions about heaven and hell...i didnt want to come out and say "i don't believe"...its not that i don't believe. all i told my son is i have never been to heaven or hell so i don't know anything about it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2010