When does your child need you more? From birth to 5 or from age 12-18?

I think that while your child will need you at all times, from birth- age 5 is the most important years. What is your opinion on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes birth to five and yes to 12-18 and yes to 5 to 12.
    Anonymous

• I think they need you just as much at any age as they do at birth.....just for different reasons.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think all!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Any age !!! They need you all the time at any age until they are adults and then somtimes after that !!! I have my first 13 year old and sometimes I think she needs me more then my 4 1/2 year old !!! They need you at any age but just in different ways !!!!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 6:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I say birth until YOUR death! LOL Every phase is important, but as you get past one phase, a new phase begins. Once you'r ea parent, your job never really ends...and even when you become a grandparent!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• All ages need their parents (even Adults, sometimes I still need my mom). Different age groups just need different needs.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Your child needs you in different ways through out the years of growing.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Birth to age 3 is critical. The baby needs the mother for breastfeeding and as a primary caretaker. If the mom doesn't breastfeed and isn't a "good" mother it can be better for the baby to be with someone that can do a better job.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If the mom doesn't breastfeed and isn't a "good" mother it can be better for the baby to be with someone that can do a better job.

WTF kind of statement is this? Because I couldn't breastfeed, then my child deserves to be with someone else?

Anonymous

• i think that 1-5 they obviously need you more for things like feeding, diapers, etc. but emotionally and mentally i think 12-18. at least for me. my parents were divorced, & my mom thought she was doing the right thing by staying single until i was11, and giving me all of her attention. she met my stepfather when i was 12, and our whole lives just changed. i felt abondoned in a way and it was tough to go from having her all to myself, to having to share her. i needed my mom alot because of all the changes of being a teenager, and boys, and drugs, and new schools & etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2010