SAHMs, please help me out with this

If your husband doesn't make as much money as you would like, why complain about it instead of getting a job?? This boggles my mind. If you're able-bodied, why wouldn't you instead of whining that you can't do this or that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it frustrates me that we can't do some things. And I would work, but I'm in school and we don't make enough for child care.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Taking care of your children 24/7 is the most important thing you can do for them.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Hmm well, it is possible that child care is more than what the mom would make or provides an extra $25 after childcare is paid for. Me personally, this is a joint decision that both sides (mom and dad) have to adjust to. Is the person you are thinking of just venting about a new lifestyle she is trying to get used to? If it continues I would be annoyed. A person shouldn't whine and complain about their money situation when they had a pull in the decision.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't whine or complain, it is what it is....................I can't do anything about it right now. And my children need me. Once I'm finished with school, the baby should be ready to start preschool and then it will be fine. Until then we make do. One of the decisions about being a responsible adult and parent is realizing you can do or have everything all the time.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If my husband did not make enough to support us then yes I would get a job but he does. We live a happy comfortable lifestyle. It does annoy me to hear women complain about how much money their husbands make especially if they are not working. They should be grateful to have someone who is willing to work and care for them and their children. Just like my husband is grateful to me for giving up my career to raise our children. He also wants me to be a stay at home mom. Raising our children is more important than money. Not to mention having two young children our childcare bill would be close to $2000 a month.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Because people can't get jobs when they are looking after the MOST important little things in their lives - their children. There is nothing wrong with complaining that your situation isn't better financially - its difficult relying on someone to provide. NOT TO MENTION - It is fairly pathetic how people think that a job means you are a good hard working person - it doesnt at all. Putting your children first by being their everyday makes a wonderful beautiful person. Parents do NOT do enough for their children these days i.e. be there everyday thinking that pride and having a job are better things to have than knowing they have been home all day with their children.

I work from home and so does my boyfriend and we are fortunate to juggle things so we both spend everyday with our son...half and half.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It all depends on your priorities.

Right now my priorities are making sure my LO's have a solid early foundation. Maybe once they're in school I might care about fancy dinners out or ridiculously priced clothing or accessories. But being a Mom is more important to me than material goods.
    Anonymous

• Well, some husband's are dead beats and even though you and him may have agreed that you would be a SAHM and take care of the kids when they are little, means he needs to hold up his end as well, and WORK and take care of the family. Some men are lazy and will do the minimum, while the wife seems to make all the sacrifices.
    Anonymous

• I am a stay at home mom or work at home mom...whichever term you prefer. It would be nice to have more income in our hosehold but there isn't and I don't complain about it or complain about how much my SO brings in. He works very hard every day to make sure we have the things that we do have and to make sure that I can stay home with our children. He doesnt want her in daycare or the next one either. He wants me to take care of them and I agree.
    We talk about the things that we would like to be able to buy and "dream" a little and we make future plans to et th ethings that we want..even if its slowly but surely.
    Some days I wish I was working full time again outside the home, just so we could have the extra money but then I look at my kids..and they are just worth so much more to me. I want to be home with them, they need me here and I am where I am needed right now.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i never noticed sahm's whining about not having enough money. did i miss something?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2010