does the outer look of you change?

when having a vaginal birth...from video Ive seen..it stretch out....a lot

and i was wondering if the physical appearance changes drastically...
im considering conceiving next year and would like a water birth.
but from what ive seen and the bits ive read...a little scared...

pisces_chick89

Asked by pisces_chick89 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont know but thats why im kinda happy i had a c-section. i dont want a loose vagina!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Its good to be worried.. but honestly when it comes down to all that your gaining from having a child, and how much love you have for that child ... none of the pain matters.. and once its over your left with your beautiful baby and thats all that you'll care about
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 7:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• id like to add i have two children...and they have been csections..
    so i all i know is csections
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• ok here ya go. I am a very small person and gave birth vaginally to an 8 lbs 14 oz baby. In my opinion... its a little bit different. MY husband says he cant tell a difference "internally" b/c I have asked him repeatadly.. and i mean if hes just being nice thats great. The only difference I noticed was that from my weight gain my "outer" vagina is a little bigger.
    Anonymous

• i have a small scar from a rip that runs along the side at an angle. but dh had to tell me about it. i cant even see it in the mirror its so small. i recomend not looking at it for a while. the first few weeks it is not going to look pretty. but the most it will probably do is make it a little bigger. and do tons of kegals! they helped it get back to normal pretty quick and helped my sex life.
    Anonymous

• Everything in your body gets bigger for pregnancy and delivery, then, given time, shrinks back...if your worried about your sexual relationship with your hubby, you can always asked for what's called a "honeymoon stitch," which is a stitch a doctor can do directly after labor to tighten things up a bit.
    Anonymous

• 6th poster...i will not be using a doctor...
    and has nothing to do with husband..he married me so he has to deal with my vagina regardless...this is my own personal vanity
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you are concerned then do kegels you will need to do them regardless as you get older. they work wonders for tightness and many, many orgasms. things change only temporarily and my dh said after waiting for 6 weeks to have sex it felt tighter then before....
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 12:59 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• interesting....
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010