jury duty

So I must have missed a day on my telephone stand by because my number isnt being called anymore. I'm not sure who to call? I can't do jury duty anyway as I have a 7 month old and go to school full time (and all summer) but I don't want to seem as if I'm just skipping out on my duties. Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone gotten a fine or had to do jail time for ignoring the jury duty notice and never contacting anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DH ignored Jury Duty 7 years ago. He's heard nothing since.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes because obviously you are so much more busier than the rest of us who have to drop everything to go and serve on jury duty.
    Anonymous

• Yes we are busy. We have CAREERS. :) Screw jury duty and the $13.00 they pay you to sit in the bad part of Chicago for an ENTIRE DAY. :) :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yeah, I don't do jury duty either. I sent a letter saying I'd be out of town. It worked, lol.
    Anonymous

• I don't have to serve. I send them a notorized letter stating that I have children under 5 that I care for and I'm excused from having to serve
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Depending on the State you live in a judge can issue a warrant for your arrest that could result in a fine. I doubt anyone has ever had to serve time. They usually don't come looking for you, but if you should get pulled over for a traffic violation it could be a problem.
    Anonymous