Is It a Good Idea to Give up An Apartment and live back under your parents roof?

Me and my boyfriend are considering giving up our one bedroom apartment to go live back with our parents. We want to be able to save money and get a two bedroom. He can't stand being at my grandmothers house, and I cant stand living under the same roof as his stepmother, so we will be living seperately. The only thing is I'm afraid it's going to impact our son. Is this a good idea?

GreenEydMoM

Asked by GreenEydMoM at 7:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell your son it's just an adventure. It won't last long. I think it can be a good idea if you both agree on it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Since you aren't married I think it may be a good idea.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think that it is very important for you guys to remain under the same roof as a family, but I can also understand your wanting to save up for a bigger place so that is a tough decision. If there is absolutely no way that yall can save up while your in your apartment than I guess moving out is the only option. But maybe for your son's sake you could both learn to deal with living with one or the other so you dont have to split up.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have two kids. A 2.5yr old and a 10 month old. We live at my parents house...and let me tell you something...yes, it saves you a lot of money, and you have help when you need it...BUT...your parents (especially your mother) will end up having an impact on the way you raise your child. She will want to give him candy, and sweets all the time...and disagree with the way you are doing things....EVERYONE I know goes through this when they live at their parents with a child..including me. She always has to butt in.Good luck with that.
    Anonymous

• No, you shouldn't. It's part of keeping your family together and, of being an adult, both things you need to do because your a mom.
    Anonymous

• You need to do whatever works for your family. If that means living seperately to save money go ahead and do it! Hope everything works out for you!!
    Anonymous