Dawn dish soap-fleas

I have heard it kills fleas.Has anyone used it on their cat before?We have fleas and so I would like to try this.I also want tom know if anyone has used the borax around their house or yard?Thanks

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 7:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pets

• I haven't used the borax but I have used the dawn dish soap and it works really good. It won't keep the fleas off of her after a bath so you might want to go get some of the drops for the back of her neck.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• use the REGULAR JOY. not the concentrated one, just plain old joy. make a ring around there neck and wash thoroughly. Be careful around there face and eyes. Also wash/clean affected areas with lavender scented cleaning agents, bugs hate lavender!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• * AFFECTED AREAS OF YOUR HOME! sorry i forgot to out that!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I was told to use plain dawn dish soap and mix it with a lil bit of regular vinegar. Sounds like a wierd mix but it works amazing~
    lilismommy10

Answer by lilismommy10 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I tried everything, and the only thing that worked for us was buying Advantage.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I tried it all too! The only thing I found that works is the $15.00 front-line from the vet. I hate fleas, I have noticed that since we got rid of our carpet the fleas have been scarce.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have used revolution and it didnt work at all.
    momofsixangels

Answer by momofsixangels at 8:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Try brewer's yeast caplets. It's a natural flea remedy. My mom always did that for her cats and it worked. You can get them at health food stores.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 9:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It is only a temporary fix. The dawn will get rid of the fleas on the animal at the moment but it does nothing for the ones in teh environment. When the animal is dry the fleas will just jump one the animal. The get rid of the fleas on then animal you need to get a good safe product from the vet(advantage,frontline,comfortis or revolution). It can take months to get rid of fleas because nothing kills the whole cycle of the flea. If you do go with one of the flea products from the vet you need to use it for at least three months to get the whole cycle. But I would recommede using during all the warm months at least.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree totally with Kylieesmom. And I would also like to add that is can severely dry out their skin and cause other problems...such as Frontline and advantage and such products from the vet are topical and spread through the oil glands. If the dogs skin is all dried out it will not spread as well and there for not work as well. Another thing is that some vets will sell single doses that you can come back and buy month after month to help keep immediate cost down though it may be more in the long run than buying 3 or 6 months upfront.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2010