what would you think?

if one of your SO's friends asked you if your SO 'rescued' you? i've always kind of thought my bf was like that, but i'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad. why would his friend ask me that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• It insinuates you are incapable of taking care of yourself
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would go back to the SO's friend and ask him what he meant by that statement.

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would have asked "rescue me from what?" It doesn't sound good stated as is. I'd be wanting an explanation!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Tell him no, you didn't come from the animal shelter. You didn't need rescuing.
    Anonymous

• I think I would have said "from what?"
    Anonymous

• lmao @ anon :13.

I would have been offended by that comment and felt that he was saying my guy's only with me because he feels sorry for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• shit we all need rescuing sometimes. i've rescued people, i've been rescued. some of these were relationships, some weren't. i thought that one of the determining factors of a relationship was whether or not your life is better with that person in your life, yet there are rules about how that's supposed to happen i guess. i would want to understand the underlying motive behind his question... or else i would tell him he's inappropriate.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I don't see that as a good thing. A person should compliment you, your life...not have to rescue you from it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• LOL.......... A Knight on a white horse sounds pretty good right now
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:36 AM on Apr. 28, 2010