What do you use to clean your vinyl floors?

We lived in a house with ceramic tile for a long time. Now we are in a place with vinyl floors and I'm curious what to use to get it really clean because my daughter plays on the floor in there.

lvpenguino

Asked by lvpenguino at 8:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Soap and water.

Answer by louise2 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i use my mop and pine sol. then once every week or so i use a cleaning brush, a tooth brush will work but will take a very long time, and i scrub it. Using pine sol then also, dip the brush in to the pine sol water and scrub then with a clean dry rag wipe over it.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• vinegar and water with a couple of drops of organic dish detergent. We do not bring any chemical cleaners into our house because we have small children.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 8:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I use a spray bottle with Mr. Clean mixed with water
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• laciD, I like the idea of not using chemical cleaners. Does it make your house smell like vinegar?
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• no not at all. It actually smells very clean and fresh. I use vinegar/bakingsoda/dish soap to clean pretty much everything in the house and have never noticed a vinegar smell (nor had anyone mention it)
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 8:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I also use white vinegar & water, except I also add a few drops of an essential oil like oregano, tea tree oil or lemon for the extra antibacterial properties.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Great thing about Vinegar....the smell doesn't last long and if there are other odors in the room - the vinegar will help get rid of that smell.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Ditto on the vinegar and not using garbage like Pine Sol or Mr. Clean in the house.

www.vinegartips.com
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 2:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010